Location: New Jersey
Salary: Competitive compensation package
This is a leading non-for-profit, New Jersey-based aging services organization with over 100 years' experience that is committed to empowering older Americans. We are a diverse community of over 1,000 dedicated and passionate employees, caregivers, volunteers, thought leaders, researchers, educators, and partners. Our award-winning standards and approaches have made us a pioneer of inclusive aging services and long-term care residences, and a national thought leader on the conversation around aging in America. The Health System includes: 3 long term care facilities, post-acute long term care facility, assisted living facility, an adult day care program, and a Health and Wellness Center. Also, offers in-house rehabilitation services and a Child Development Center. 800+ employees and 250+ volunteers.
Our Home and Community Services consist of two Adult Day programs located in Middlesex County, NJ and Monroe, that each provide varied and vibrant activities that encourage and motivate seniors to stay connected to their peers, maintain their independence, as well as added benefits of individualized medication administration, support services provided by a social worker, and personal and therapeutic care for adults with cognitive and/or physical needs. A Health and Wellness Center that provides adults 55+ an exclusive way to improve their strength, flexibility, balance, mobility, and endurance and Rehabilitation Services that offer physical, occupational and speech therapy five days a week in our well-equipped fitness centers.
We are seeking a Home & Community Services Administrator to lead the home and community-based service programs and the corporate campus. This is a senior director-level role that supports two adult day centers, health & wellness function, and rehabilitation services. 4 Program Directors reporting up to this position. The current person was promoted within the organization. The positon scope includes oversight for 2 adult day centers (just broke ground on a 3rd which will be opening in the future), a Health and Wellness Program and rehab services. All of these areas have a Program Director who will report up to this position. Duties include the management and standards of all functions of the programs including, planning, policy development, and procedural review of operational protocols, the implementation of best practices and person-centered care models, and the oversight of consultant and external services and resources.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Create and approve the daily and ongoing execution of the organization’s operational home and community-based programs and services.
- Ensure that policies/procedures are maintained and updated annually or as necessary in accordance with best practices, regulatory requirements, and program standards.
- Plan, develop and coordinate operational program activities such as policies and practices, emergency preparedness, and organization-wide initiatives.
- Establish linkages with agencies which are or may be a source of operational materials and resources.
- Plan, develop and operationalize/integrate Parker home and community-based services into new aging services and programs that ensure portability of culture and standards.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and development opportunities to Program Directors to successfully deliver superior quality outcomes and lead high performing Operational Teams.
- Works in alignment with the Chief Clinical Officer regarding care management and problem-solving to effectively manage risk to the customers, employees, and organization.
- Ensures building readiness for Department of Health inspections and response to survey identified concerns.
- Supports the organization’s overall strategy, including planning and thought leadership.
- Performs routine site visits to all programs to evaluate the quality of services provided and customer satisfaction.
- Assists in coordinating action plans to minimize liability and risks as a result of compliance surveys.
- Monitors Quality Assurance and Process Improvement initiatives and metrics.
- Develop and monitor the capital and operating budgets of the programs to achieve financial objectives, direct corrective action and ensure the provision of superior cost-effective service