Location: New York City
Salary: Competitive compensation package
This is a world-renowned medical center and academic health system in New York City. This is part of one of the largest and innovative health care providers in New York committed to providing the highest quality care throughout the New York Metropolitan area. This program consistently earns Magnet status for nursing care as was ranked as one of the “Best Hospitals”. They are connected with one of the top accredited medical schools nationwide. This major health network that expands across numerous campuses in additional to several related healthcare affiliates including an expansive network of ambulatory care centers throughout the New York metropolitan region.
Accreditation and Regulatory Coordinator, Nurse
Exciting opportunity for an Accreditation Coordinator; RN to work as part of a newly created team on a corporate level. This position is member of a leading health system’s regulatory and hospital accreditation team. The Accreditation Specialist is a key participant in the system’s continuous accreditation and regulatory readiness program. Responsible for providing direction and oversight for regulatory and accreditation compliance including The Joint Commission, and State and Federal agencies. This individual assists in maintaining preparedness for accreditation and licensure surveys.
- In collaboration with Senior Director of Regulatory Affairs, and other system leadership, directs and facilitates a system-wide program to maintain continuous readiness for accreditation and regulatory surveys.
- Assists the healthcare system in maintaining preparedness for accreditation and regulatory surveys.
- Evaluates and recommends improvement to ensure adherence to relevant regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Coordinates designated efforts to assure compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements including gathering, synthesizing, and analyzing data from departments, and providing consultation to departments around compliance initiatives.
- Supports and monitors the progress of corrective action plans/improvement projects and provides feedback on regulatory compliance.
- Provides comprehensive reports to stakeholders, as appropriate, on accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in regulatory and accreditation survey preparation, survey visit and post survey activities.
- Implements educational presentations to facilitate continuous survey readiness and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Serves as a resource on accreditation and regulatory issues.
- Maintains knowledge of standards, regulations, and reporting of requirements of The Joint Commission, Medicare Conditions of Participation, the New York State Department of Health, and other regulatory agencies.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Other duties as assigned.