Location: New York City
Salary: very competitive compensation package
This is a leading and well-renown Academic Medical Center serving the NYC community. The hospital has a strong reputation for a high quality and patient safety medical center and offers a wide variety of patient-centered and expert care to the community. This is a high volume and busy medical center which also offers a large and sprawling ambulatory care centers to best serve the community. The hospital offers a full range of serves and is a leader in many specialty areas. Very stable leadership team and offering tremendous career growth opportunity.
Direct IT security compliance operations on location at in this busy hospital environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the IT Security technical staff
- Conducting security audits and managing projects
- Oversight of the annual and ongoing risk assessment process
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and access of the electronic protected health information
- monitoring program compliance
- Investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches and in compliance with federal and state laws.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary, in addition to technical, project management and diplomatic skills.
A BS in Computer Science or Related industry with 10+ years in IT Security with at least 5 of those in Security Management. Must have strong computer skills, as well as understanding of healthcare terminology and practices.