Location: Westchester County area - NY
Salary: Competitive compensation package
Very progressive and leading hospital in the Westchester County area. They have also been awarded MAGNET STATUS designation and offer an excellent work culture. The organization takes pride in its strong reputation. The hospital is highly profitable. It is a non-union hospital and a very exciting time to be there– they have a new, state of the art facility. This hospital has been recognized by the Joint Commission as one of the top performers in the region. The hospital has continued to grow and has partnerships with world renowned medical programs. The facility is located in a very nice area; a great place to live and work. They offer very generous benefits package!
Risk Management Associate, RN
The Risk Management Associate will assist the Department Manager in all phases of Risk Management including litigation and claims evaluation, medical record review, preparation of summary reports and participation in Root Cause Analysis Teams related to actual or potential sentinel events. The incumbent will also participate in Quality Improvement Committees.
* Establish and maintain positive relationships with patients, visitors, physicians and other employees. Interact professionally, courteously, and appropriately with patients, visitors, physicians and other employees. Behave in a manner consistent with maintaining and furthering a positive public perception of the health system and its employees.
* Contribute to and participate in the Performance Improvement and Quality Improvement activities of the assigned department. Contribution and participation includes data collection, analysis, implementation of and compliance with risk management and claims activities, support of and participation in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) teams, consistent adherence to the specific rules and regulations of the hospital (a) Safety and Security Policies, (b) Risk Management: Incident and Occurrence Reporting, © Infection Control Policies and Procedures and (d) Patient and Customer Service.
* Position maintains: Risk Management Functions, Performance Improvement Functions, and Educational Functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing from an accredited college is required with a Master’s Degree preferred. Must be a Nurse
- Clinical nursing experience is required.
- Relevant risk or insurance experience is preferred.
- Excellent written, oral and communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated organization skills are essential.
- Experience in the utilization of quality improvement methods related to data management and analysis is required.
- Experience developing and conducting educational programs.