Location: Queens, NY
Salary: Competitive compensation package
This is a leading and innovative Healthcare System is a full continuum of care providing extraordinary care and caring to the people that we serve. Set on a beautiful campus our Healthcare System includes a 400-bed Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, providing short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care, memory care, respiratory and ventilator care, palliative and hospice care, social and medical adult day programs, and on-site dialysis and infusion therapy. Sharing the campus is our Assisted Living community, our Certified Home Health Agency, and our soon-to-be-built independent living community. We are a growing organization committed to superior patient care.
Our innovative healthcare system is growing, adding services and programs that offer opportunities to further develop. We are currently seeking a full-time Senior Accountant to join the Finance team. If you are looking for a fast-paced, diverse position as part of a hardworking team where you will make a difference, we want to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• On a monthly basis prepare the payroll bank reconciliations and maintain backup for any void or manual checks.
• On a monthly basis review budget reports for accuracy and make proper adjustment.
• Interface the monthly payroll from the payroll system to the general ledger including accruals.
• Prepare accounts analysis of balance sheet accounts on a quarterly basis.
• Prepare all journal entries relating to cash, grants and expense reclassifications and maintain to provide accurate information.
• Assist the CFO/Director of Finance with cost report preparation.
• On a monthly basis, prepare the NYS Cash Receipts assessment reports.
• Analyze expense variances as identified by Director of Finance on a monthly basis.
• Prepare year end schedules and reconciliations for annual audit.
• Reconcile and record monthly Gift Shop Sales to the General Ledger and prepare quarterly Sales Tax report.
• Assist in covering other data processing staff members during absences for vacation, sickness, etc .
• Demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and professionalism when dealing with peers and supervisors.
• Exercises confidentiality in regards to resident and employee information.
• Adheres to all aspects of Customer Service, some examples include the following, working together, showing empathy, courteous communication, respect of others.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent from accredited college or university required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; highly organized and a team player.
• Comfortable in a healthcare setting
We offer an excellent salary, dynamic work environment and a comprehensive benefits package.