Location: New Jersey
Salary: Competitive compensation package
A fully integrated post-acute care continuum offering rehabilitation and skilled nursing services in more than 40 locations covering numerous states. In addition, they provide special services including in-patient and home dialysis, ventilator care, and care for those with Alzheimer’s. They also offer Urgent Care, Managed Care, Adult Day Health Care, and Assisted Living services, as well as every level of Home Care. The company acquired a private lab and moving the lab to a beautiful new facility in New Jersey.
The company is well known for their commitment to their employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation packages and more.
Lab Informatics Manager
Reporting to the Director, Technical Operations, the Laboratory Informatics Manager works collaboratively with laboratory staff to develop and manage the laboratory information system. Works closely with the management, IT resources and vendors to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of system solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives. Provides the leadership for all laboratory information system projects, provides essential education and training for laboratory personnel. Primary functions:
- Liaison between the laboratory and I.T. to maximize system effectiveness and ensure proper design.
- Coordinates the solutions for the laboratory information needs.
- Plans and organizes and directs the implementation of laboratory information system projects.
- Integrates medical technology concepts, principles and techniques with computer skills to develop, monitor and maintain the laboratory information systems.
- Partners with IT to plan and implement computer designs to provide accurate data management.
- Coordinates and implements database changes, upgrades and testing.
- Provides essential orientation, education, and training for personnel for the Laboratory
- Assures Laboratory information system policies and procedures are in compliance with the appropriate regulatory agencies (CLIA, JCAHO, CAP, FDA, etc) to maintain quality outcomes.
- Assist in maintenance and update of data management system by evaluating new protocols and updating systems to ensure applications and technology are current.
- Support educational activities by participating in instruction for all personnel to ensure accurate operation of departmental information systems.
- Perform system audits to ensure quality and accuracy of data.
- Assures instrumentation interfaces are appropriate.
- Develop and update procedure manuals, collaborating with the technical staff in laboratory.
- Designs and generates reports for the system users.