Location: New York
Salary: Competitive compensation package
This is a nationally renown, university–affiliated medical center and leading healthcare system with a deep commitment to medical education, research, and clinical excellence. It is an exciting time as the hospital has grown within its affiliation with a nationally renowned university hospital. We offer an incredibly positive workplace and culture that truly nurtures, develops and engages staff. This hospital and health system is a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services. This is a New York State-designated Regional Trauma Center. Chosen as one of the top 20 places in the country to work based on Employees Satisfaction.
- This a beautiful and ultra modern hospital and is one of the premier healthcare providers in the region.
- Strong Laboratory Department which is state-of-the-art.
- One of the most profitable hospitals in the state.
- In the last 2 years they expanded.
- Magnet status for nursing excellence.
- Progressive healthcare system that is forging ahead as true leader in the industry.
- Easily accessible and conveniently located for NYC.
Laboratory Director, Embryology and IVF
- Responsible for providing direction, management, and supervisory to embryology and andrology laboratories. Overseas operations and activities of laboratories.
- Supervises Embryology Supervisor(s), Embryologists Andrology Supervisor and Andrologists and Compliance Coordinator. Liaisons with Program Administrator and Financial Coordinator, conducts performance evaluations for direct reports. Provides input into other staff members' performance evaluations as is appropriate.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures relative to all clinical, research and security activities performed in the laboratories under his/her management that comply with pertinent government and professional regulations. Implements new technology.
- Develops, implements and maintains an accurate database for the documentation evaluation and communication of all cycle outcomes with physicians and SART/CDC regarding cycle starts, cancelations, completions and birth outcomes. Identifies problems with data collection or reporting, remediates conflicts and communicates with the Medical Director Supervises the design, implementation, and maintenance of laboratory databases, data queries, and research data evaluation.
- Supervises all activities relative to egg retrieval, embryo transfer, assisted hatching, cryopreservation, micromanipulation and embryo biopsy, semen analysis, sperm prep and testicular biopsy, PGD, oocyte freezing and gestational carrier.
Qualifications: Ph.D. in molecular biology or related field. Professional member of ASRM. Experience in a relevant disciplined associated with embryology, preferably in an environment of > 1000 cycles of IVF and DE with experience in training and managing staff. Successful completed of all training and orientation programs, including HCLD, HIPAA FDA, Compliance, and Risk Management. Demonstrates the ability to perform all clinical activities of the laboratory(ies). Knowledge of healthcare administration, government regulations FDA, SART/CDC requirements, human resource management, operating policies and procedures, including supervision and staff development. Hazards include risk of exposure to communicable diseases. Risk of physical injury from various lifting tasks and operation of equipment. Provisional High Complexity Lab Director Certification or High Complexity Lab Director Certification required.